To activate your simcard, follow the steps detailed below.
1. Insert the simcard on your cellphone, make sure the device is turned on.
2. Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
3. Take a photo of your password, we´ll need to check your photo, name and last name, passport number and country of residence.
4. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
Subject: cell number (you will find it on your simcard, MIN: 09XXXXXXXX).
Attach the photo of your passport on the email and detail:
- Passport number
- Name and last name
- Country of residence
5. You will receive an email in up to 2 hours, confirming the next steps. Once you receive the email, to complete the activation process please dial *611 (it doesn’t matter if you don’t have calling credit, the call will activate your line). Once you make the call, you will receive a text message confirming your simcard is active.
Via a Claro Customer Service Center (CAC) in person:
1. You can check a Claro Customer Service Center near your location here: https://r.miclaro.com.ec/clarocerca/. If you don´t have an Ecuadorian number, you can use the number 999999999.
2. Visit the nearest Claro Customer Service Center. If you have already bought your Claro Chip, take it along with your passport. If you haven't bought it, you can buy it there.
3. Notify the sales assistant that you want to activate your Claro Chip with a passport.